Someone has asked if I would share my weather template. Of course I am completely chuffed that someone thinks it is good enough. You can download it from Github.com/davies-barnard/Byteweather. Few things to note about it:
- It uses the 960.gs grid system for layout and you could easily modify this if you wanted to.
- The background comes from patterncooler.com so again this should be easy to change.
- If you wanted to create a new favicon with your new background pattern I suggest using the dynamic drive tool.
- If you want to change the Wunderground Sticker you will need to edit the index, weekly, monthly and yearly html files.
- It’s completely untested and I have not touched the mobile/smart phone versions! There are some beta issues which I need to look at such as no bottom margins and a bigger header section on one page but here is something for now.
Installing the Template
- Copy my Byteweather.zip file into your skins folder
- Unzip it there and check the contents. It should like the example below.
- Open the weewx.conf file and change Skin = Standard to Skin = ByteWeather
- Delete your public_html folder.
- Run ./bin/wee_reports weewx.conf.
- Check that it works.
- Stop and restart weewx for the main system to register the new skin.